It's so weird how a few days can change everything.
As I take down the pictures on the wall,
and divide our things between what is mine and what is yours,
I'm overwhelmed by the feeling that I never belonged here.
Not in this place. Maybe not even with you.
It's hard to tell when your life is neatly packed into cardboard boxes.
I'm glad this is happening, despite how awkward things might be with us.
This was never my home. You were never my home.
This is just the beginning of my life.
A new chapter.
In a way I am grateful to you:
You have now freed me to do all the things I've always wanted to.
I can spend next summer in Europe.
I can teach in Thailand after I graduate.
So much world to see, so little time.
Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment