The past few years, has been like watching my mom's dreams come true. First, she gets a Newfoundlander, her favourite breed of dog. Then, she moves to a beautiful farm, which she has always wanted to do. And now she is getting horses which she has always dreamed of for as long as I can remember.


A month or two ago, she found this horse for sale named Grace. She is a Tennessee Walking Horse, which basically means she won't toss our asses off. Which is solid gold for us, as NONE of us are experienced with horse back riding. So anyways, she had been doing nothing but thinking about horses, from the moment she woke up to the moment she went to sleep, and then she was friggin' dreaming of them too. She just REALLY wanted this horse. Well, Thomas, my lovely step father found out a way that they could get TWO horses and not be put in debt. Soooo her dreams all came true and they ended up getting Grace (brown one), as well as Magic (the black one).


They are arriving at the farm Saturday morning, and my parents are STOKED. Going home is going to be even more amazing than usual, with this addition to the family. OH, and she is also getting two little kitters for the barn. I told her she had to get two so that they wouldn't get lonely =). They are definitely going to be loved and cuddled more than the average barn cat. My mom loves animals too much to let them go by without a good snuggle and some kisses every day. I think my little sister is naming them Calvin and Hobbes, haha.
Her pet count is getting fairly outrageous. She is up to 5 dogs (3 Newfoundlanders, 1 Rottie cross mutt, and 1 Shih Tzu), and is now adding 2 horses and 2 cats to that equation. If you ever wondered where my love of animals came from...
Other things I am looking forward to:
- Kim's Birthday celebrations next weekend
- Going home for 4 days next month (which will include horse back riding, obviously, as well as birthday dinner for my momma)
- Ottawa in July for a few days to visit my friends and celebrate being CANADIAN.
- Every friggin movie coming out this summer (atleast one good one EVERY WEEKEND! WEHOO!).
My foster cats are going to be getting some different meds tomorrow. Waldo's eyes are infected and they both have the sniffles. I'm going to miss them when they are adopted out. Especially Quigley. He is SUCH a shithead. I love it.
I think I'm going to have to get another cat or kitten to keep Blinx company. She seems really upset that Pixie is gone. It breaks my heart to see her wander around the house, meowing, and trying to find her. *sigh*. Speaking of Pixie, I haven't cried ONCE all day =). Great success, considering the mess I've been the past few days.
Well I'm off to eat copious amounts of food after a boring day at work.
Hollaaaa.

I can totally put on a saddle!
ReplyDeleteI even know how to braid their tails for shows! Haha.