Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Fighting" FAILS.

I generally like most movies. I'm passive like that. As long as it has something going for it, I'm down. However, this movie I genuinely did not like. And it's not because it's  fighting movie; I'm fine with these types of movies. 

*POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

From the get-go the movie started up really fast, delving right into the story, which I appreciate in movies. However, it seemed WAY over edited. Suddenly Terrance Howard and Channing Tatum's characters are fucking chums? Out of nowhere, its a known fact that Channing went to college? When was this mentioned? He is SO confidant in Channing's fighting skills after seeing him punch like two guys? WTF? I can fight as well as he did in that fucking "pivotal" scene, and I'm a teenage girl. 

I didn't give a fuck about ANY of the characters. Worst attempt at character development I've ever seen. There is a part where Channing's character Sean FREAKS out over the fact that his agent/coach (Terrance) knows the girl he just boned, as she was his middle man of sorts for him, placing all the bets. Ohhh nooooo, how fucking tragic. Is he 15? Really, I'm just making sure that he isn't a prepubescent little schoolgirl. 

How often do you ask.com (formally ask jeeves) your potential suitors? NEVER! That is how often! WTF! "He seems like a nice guy, I wonder what Jeeves thinks of him..." Fucking creeper. Obviously the more credible thing to have done would be to facebook creep him. Which is far more legitimate, albeit still pretty fucking weird...oh well. 

Another thing: Where the fuck was the soundtrack to this piece of shit? SILENCE the entire effing time (well, most of it at least). Music makes movies what they are; totally makes or breaks it. Bad music can fuck up movies HARD, but I mean, NO music? What the shit is that about? 


Whatevs. I'm annoyed. Good thing Blain pays for the movies all the time. Seeing "The Soloist" tomorrow. That should help restore my dwindling faith in the movie industry. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment